Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Patience is Unlimited

It's still in the month of Ramadhan, so I try to write about patience. Why do we always make a relation between patience and Ramadhan? Well, because we're told to be more patient in Ramadhan. Otherwise our fast will be not perfect, and the worst thing we may get nothing in our fast unless hunger and thirst, if we become impatient.

Two of my friends told me in different time and different situation that "patience is unlimited". There is no limit to be patient. Well, that was an interesting statement. But I still can't agree with their statement because if patience is unlimited, so we never get angry in any circumstances when we set our mind to patient mode. And when I looked at my two friends who gave me that statement, I saw that both of them are not patient persons.
Don't look to who is speaking, but listen to what is spoken

Well, I'll try to understand my friends statement about patience. But until now, I still can't understand. For me, patience is limited. When it reaches the limit, then we become angry and no longer be patient.

So, is patience really unlimited? Unless there are hadist(s) that explain or state it, I still don't know the real answer.

No comments: